2014年4月27日日曜日

Festival of the Ballet

Festival of the Ballet

I watched "Festival of the Ballet" on TV ,which was broadcasted last sunday. There were about five works in the program. I watched two works out of them. The two works were "Don Quixote" and "La Sylphide".
First, I watched "Don Quixote". The story is in Barcelona, Spain. There are a girl, Kitri ,who is a daugher of the innkeeper, a boy, Basilio ,who is a son of the barber shop ,and their friends. Kitri and Basilio are couple but her father wants her to marry Gamache ,who is a rich nobleman ,so her father doesn't allow her to associate with him. Suddenly Don Quixote and Sancho Panza show up. Don Quixote believe Kitri is the beautiful Dulcinea...
this is a story of act1.
I like this work very much but only act1 was played ,so I was a little sad. But it is a wonderful stage. Kitori's variation is so cool and beautiful. This is a passionate story ,so I enjoy watching this work.

Next, I watched Pas de deux from "La Sylphide". The story is Sylphide ,which is fairy of the air and James ,who is a young man. He fall in love with her. The scene of Pas de deux is that they understand each other's feelings. Miyako Yoshida played Sylphide then. I like her dance. In this work, she is very beautiful. To play faily is difficult but she is good at playing fairy ,so she was like real fairy. I think I try to watch all story of this work someday.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿